How a Healthy Workplace Can Boost Your Bottom Line
How much does the environment in which we work directly contribute to our productivity? How does employee well-being impact our ability to collaborate, communicate and create? What enables companies that promote a high degree of wellness to thrive in today’s dynamic economy?
On this week’s episode of The Rebel Leader, we seek answers to these questions, and many more, from Leigh Stringer – architect, workplace and sustainability expert, and author of The Healthy Workplace: How to Improve the Well-Being of Your Employees—and Boost Your Company’s Bottom Line.
During this deep dive into workplace wellness, Leigh shares her unique experience as an architect to discuss how workplace design and wellness habits impact our professional lives. Among the topics discussed:
- The impact employee well-being has on productivity, innovation and the bottom line of our organizations
- The reality that open space environments aren’t always the answer for organizations attempting to increase collaboration
- Some of the flaws in office-space design that undermine our efforts to create a stellar workplace
- The science behind “sleep architecture” and its effect on a healthy work environment
- The role a sense of community plays in work-related well-being
- How, in the Social Age, we can’t work people to death as we did in the Industrial Age
- What high-performing companies like Apple, Pixar and Google are doing to improve workplace wellness
- And so much more!
Check out the entire interview with Leigh… we’re sure you’ll gain a much better understanding of how the work environment impacts our ability to be productive, creative and healthy.
And, of course, please go to iTunes and leave an objective review for The Rebel Leader podcast. We appreciate your support!
Contact Details for Today’s Rebel Leader
Check out Leigh’s fine work online at LeighStringer.com. And be sure to reach out to Leigh on LinkedIn and Twitter!