Your Ego is the Enemy with Ryan Holiday
Is the outside world really stopping us from meeting our full potential, as many people think? Something outside our control? Or is our biggest obstacle something far more personal? Is it our ego – constantly impeding our ability to reflect on our weaknesses and leveraging our strengths – that is the root cause of what we ultimately consider our failures?
Could it be that ego, at every stage of lives and careers, is the one thing that holds us back?
In this episode of The Rebel Leader, modern philosopher Ryan Holiday joins us to talk about his captivating book, Ego is the Enemy. Through the insightful conversation, Ryan provides insight on:
- How ego allows us to dehumanize others while we place our own needs as our highest priority
- How being bold and different, yet humble, is the key to differentiating ourselves in the marketplace
- How our ego is impacting our online presence – and how our online presence affects our ego
- How the destructive effects of ego have made blatant self-promotion the norm, even at a time when genuine self-awareness is required
- The difference between ambition and vanity – and the danger of basing our goals on arbitrary ideals, comparisons with others and vanity metrics versus having a real impact
- How ego enables the “fetishing of failure” and keeps us from asking if that failure could have been avoided
- The difference between “alive time” and “dead time” – and the importance of valuing every moment
- And much more!
We’re sure you’ll experience several ah-ha moments during our conversation with Ryan. Be sure to listen to the entire podcast… we’re confident you’ll be impressed with his thoughtful approach!
And, if we can be so bold… After listening to this episode, please go to iTunes and leave an objective review for The Rebel Leader podcast. Thank you!
Contact Details for Today’s Rebel Leader: Ryan Holiday
Be sure to check out Ryan Holiday’s book ‘Ego is the Enemy.” And connect with Ryan on LinkedIn and Twitter!