The Human Side of Business
Enlightened leaders understand that people who love their work do better work. And should that passion for the work, their role or the mission of the company dissipate, those leaders know their business is doomed to mediocrity.
This is why the Human-Side of Business movement places people at the center of its mission. Yet there’s more to it than that. Much more. And to grasp how the ExchangeGain way can significantly impact your business, we must discuss the ten principles at the core of our beliefs:
- Hire mature, fully capable adults.
- Treat them with the trust and respect they deserve.
- At all times, engage head, heart and minds.
- Respect the whole-employee—personal and professional lives are intertwined.
- Know your people’s story; relate to them as a person, not a resource or a replaceable asset.
- Create a culture where employees flourish, feel valued and know they personally make a difference.
- Enable organic connection amongst employees, that bond – and the mission they have in common – is vital to engagement with customers.
- Know and define your personal values and be guided by them—always.
- Know that power doesn’t originate with your title, but the good you cause.
- Recognize that sustained profits are a direct result of doing good.
The ExchangeGain way isn’t a “people first, profits second” movement, but a “profits as a direct result of putting people first” movement. And in the Social Age, this Human-Side of Business is how we create workplace optimism that sets us apart; it’s how we recruit, retain (and repel) employees; it is how we innovate, collaborate, and compete.