As Millennials (born between 1977 – 1992) move into leadership roles, we’re experiencing tremendous change in the workplace – and in how businesses are lead. We’re communicating more, listening better, and deliberately acknowledging contribution. In other words, we’re becoming more human. In the spirit of this change, ExchangeGain is hosting a special series that will feature the thoughts and actions of young leaders in the workplace. We want to hear first-hand from Millennials who are making change happen; who are making a real difference in promoting the Human Side of Business.
What is the Human Side of Business?
There’s a more human way to do business. In the Social Age, it’s how we engage with customers, collaborators and strategic partners that matters; it’s how we create workplace optimism that sets us apart; it’s how we recruit, retain (and repel) employees that becomes our differentiator. This isn’t a “people first, profits second” movement, but a “profits as a direct result of putting people first” movement.
We want you to participate in this series!
While we want to encourage you to share any experience that comes to mind, here are several topics that may spark your thoughts:
- What difference has a focus on the Human Side of Business made in your career?
- What has led to your success to date as a young leader?
- How you handle adversity as a young leader? What barriers have you overcome, and how?
- Why do you feel the Human Side of Business will create a change for the better in your work environment?
- Why you feel the hierarchal system in business fails in our new economy
- Where have seen the Human Side of Business working and how it has helped your leadership style?
- Bad personal experiences with Industrial Age leadership and business practices; why didn’t work for you? What would you do different?
- How would you, or have you, built a management team who passionately believes in developing a human workplace culture?
Why Write for ExchangeGain?
- Your voice featured on exchangegain.com, the 2nd most socially shared leadership site
- The opportunity to grow your platform and amplify your branding
- Your work shared by influencers that contribute to Huffington Post, Harvard Business Review, Forbes and other major digital media outlets
- Expand your social reach to nearly half of a million Twitter followers
- Improve your personal Google rankings
- Mentorship from ExchangeGain founders Ted Coiné or Shawn Murphy
- The opportunity, typically after three posts, to be invited to ExchangeGain’s League of Extraordinary Thinkers
How Do I Win a $50 Amazon Gift Card?
- Submit your story to us
- If we like your story, we will run your post in the series
- The 2 posts with the highest amount of traffic will receive a $50 Amazon gift card (Results will be based off of total page visits ending one week after the series concludes.)
YOU are a part of the new wave of business. YOU are the young leader that is creating change. YOU are the new voice of an exciting generation of work. That’s why we want YOU to be the voice of the Human Side of Business.
Submission window has closed. Follow the series HERE.