3 Keys to Energizing Your Life and Work
There is truly no way to separate work and life; while they were once two very different aspects of our lives, today the two are inseparable. When one is demanding more from you, the other life dimension is affected. While this can certainly cause stress, it can also be good news: We no longer need to cut our lives into two parts – and an integrated life can be more energizing.
How, though, do you have an energizing life in both your personal and professional arenas? This question is the focus in our interview with author, filmmaker and fellow rebel leader, Tom Rath.
To have an energizing life and work, Rath offers up some of the following solutions in his book, Are You Fully Charged:
- Create meaning with small wins
- Ask what the world needs
- Put purpose before busyness
- Eat, move, and sleep to de-stress
- Take a break for relationships
These solutions align with three keys to energizing life and work: meaning, interactions, and energy – and you can learn more about that in our interview with Tom. We talk with Tom about:
- The elements you need to be fully charged in your whole life
- Tips on being more energetic during the day
- The importance of micro-changes on your life
- What organizations can do to make work more meaningful
- The importance of positive interactions
- What second hand stress is and its impact on people
However, what’s just as compelling as the book, is his movie based on themes and stories from the book. The movie is compelling. It’s uplifting and motivating. It’s so worth renting. In fact, we believe it will thoroughly support your efforts to energize your life.
Be sure to check out the entire episode, and please go to iTunes and leave an objective review for The Rebel Leader podcast!
Contact Details for Today’s Rebel Leader:
Connect with Tom Ratch online at TomRath.org, follow him on Twitter and check out his book and movie:
Movie: Fully Charged
Book: Are You Fully Charged?